Ok, so this Cherry Swirl Cheesecake recipe isn’t completely from scratch, but it is enough from scratch that it is still homemade. I was making a huge meal and was in search of a dessert that I could make the day before and that was easy to execute due to time constraints. So to cut down on some time, I used a Keebler Ready Made graham pie crust and I used a canned cherry pie filling. It turned out great and you can substitute in any flavour of pie filling that you please.
Cherry Swirl Cheesecake
1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8oz.)
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp vanilla
1 graham pie crust (I used Keebler)
1 can cherry pie filling, divided
1. Preheat oven to 325º. Using an electric hand mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until it is fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Beat the eggs 1 at a time until just combined.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture in crust. Using 2/3’s of the cherry pie filling, spoon it in dollops on top and use a knife to swirl pie filling into the cream cheese.
3. Bake for 30-45 mins or until center is almost set (give the side a tap and it should move together in one solid movement).
4. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour and then in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
5. Top with the remaining pie filling and serve.