I have been trying to add some more greens into our diet and really wanted to experiment with Bok Choy. My problem with Bok Choy is that I’m not that big of a fan of the mushy version that usually comes in Chinese takeout, so I thought that I would experiment with it. I seasoned it up and tossed it on the BBQ, and the results were yummy! It had a great texture and the leafs crisped right up. Grilled Bok Choy will definitely be making an appearance on the plate again!
Grilled Bok Choy
2 heads of Bok Choy
½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
½ tsp seasoning salt
1. Cut heads of Bok Choy, separate and wash stems
2. Soak stems in cold water for a few minutes.
3. Toss Bok Choy with the olive oil, garlic salt & paprika
4. Place Bok Choy on the grill @ low heat and sprinkle black pepper and seasoning salt over the stems
5. Grill for about 4 minutes or until leafs are crispy, flip half way through.
Makes 2 servings
Calories 40 Fat 3.5g Carbs 1.5g Protein 1g